Make Do Monday – The finished Blitz dress

photo 4

As you might remember from last week, I started cutting out my pieces of material to make the Blitz dress, a 1940’s inspired sewing pattern by Sew la di da Vintage.

IMG_3096

I made my darts in the bodice lining and then sew some gathering stitches onto my bodice front.

IMG_3101

There are clear photos and instructions which I followed through out the making of my dress.

IMG_3095

Stitching the skirts side seams…

IMG_3097

I also made sure to press all of my seams after sewing them to get the best result as possible.

dress

Here it is!

IMG_3103

To finish the dress off I got this lovely piece of old lace out of my stack of vintage trims and I think it fits perfectly together with the floral fabric. Now I can’t wait to make another one, I think that there are so many ways to make this dress. Next I think I’ll try and make a one with shoulder pads as well for a proper 40’s look!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s