Looking at the ingredients for this weeks recipe, it’s looks very luxurious, using both sugar and an egg! Lindsay of the Gordano homefront has kindly tested and shared this recipe for us.
8 oz self raising flour
1 teaspoon of ground ginger
2 oz margarine
2 oz caster sugar
2 tablespoons of honey
2 oz dried fruit
A dash of milk
1. Sift the flour with the ginger in to a large bowl and rub in the margarine.
2. Add the sugar, honey, dried fruit and egg. Mix well.
3. Slowly add enough milk to make a sticky dough.
4. Put spoonfuls of the mix on to a greased baking tray (makes approximately 12) .
5. Bake in a hot oven for about 15 minutes until golden and firm.
These would make a lovely treat to take with you a picnic or why not try one of our recipes and bring along to the Dig for Victory Show in June? Tickets are available now!