Lindsay has got another lovely recipe for you to try at home, again very little sugar but the marmalade gives the cakes both sweetness and a lot of flavour.
4 oz cooked potatoes
2 oz plain flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 oz Margarine
1 oz sugar
1 tablespoon of marmalade
1 oz dried fruit
1. Mash the cooked potatoes in a bowl ( do not add any milk)
2. Add the flour, baking powder and dried fruit to the potatoes.
3. Cream the margarine marmalade and sugar in a separate big bowl.
4. Add the cooked potatoes mix to the creamed mixture.
5. Once mixed turn out onto a floured surface and make about ten flattened round cakes .
6. Heat a heavy frying pan / griddle and cook for two minutes on each side. Once both sides have browned cook for a further 5 minutes.
7. Dust with sugar and mixed spices.
They are lovely to eat whilst still warm!